This family farm is in Contrada Mancini, a small rural village, in the quiet Valle d’Itria, settled on a high hill about 3 km outside of Locorotondo on the way to Fasano. The magical fields all around this area are full of picturesque olive trees, trulli and dry-stone walls. Using modern, state-of-the-art machinery, extra virgin olive oil is produced at the farm within hours of hand-picking olive harvest. Visitors can take part in all stages of the oil-making process, before tasting and comparing it to those universally marketed. Book your visit to discover the art of oil making and to see an original ancient stone olive-press.
- visit to the plots of land of the farm;
- theoretical introduction about the historic evolution of olive growing works;
- hands-on hand-picking olive harvest of guests in the olive grove (only October-November);
- transfer to the small oil mill of the farm;
- theoretical introduction about extra virgin olive oil production;
- participation and explanation of all stages of the oil-making process;
- extra virgin olive oil tasting with typical bruschette;
- extra virgin olive oil tasting education mini-course (identification of virtues and vices).
Guests will have the opportunity to buy own-produced oil and to taste some of the best Apulian typical dishes.
The plan could be modified due to bad weather conditions.
Each person will pay €20,00.
The price includes tasting of extra virgin olive oil and typical Apulian dishes.
Transfer to the places that will be visited is not included. Please ask if such service is needed.